New Taipei City Mayor Hou Yu-ih on February 7 outlined his plans and vision for the city at an AmCham Taipei luncheon at the Grand Hyatt Taipei.
Speaking in Mandarin, Hou encouraged AmCham member companies to invest in New Taipei, emphasizing that Taiwan’s most populous city in Taiwan has been developing an ever more sustainable environment.
He highlighted five major projects that his administration has been working to improve the city’s infrastructure:
- Making the “Three Axes” – the Xinban Special District, Xinzhuang Fuduxin, and Sanchong District (新板特區、副都心及三重第二行政中心等三大軸心) – the center of the greater Taipei area.
- Remediating the Wugu Landfill (整治五股垃圾山).
- Conducting the Wen Zai Zhen Urban Land Consolidation Project (塭仔圳重劃案).
- Carrying out Urban Renewal (都市更新).
- Completing the Taipei MRT Circular Line (捷運三環六線).
Hou also noted that he is striving to elevate both the quality and quantity of educational institutions in New Taipei City, including public pre-schools. He said his aim is to make New Taipei “a city with warmth.”
Hou also told the AmCham audience that increasing numbers of young talent are moving into New Taipei City, creating a conducive environment for attracting investment opportunities.
Interested in attending our events? Join us at other upcoming events, click here.
Note: AmCham events are intended primarily for AmCham members and their guests. Many events are open to members’ guests and other non-members, but the attendance of any non-member must be approved in advance. AmCham reserves the right not to admit a non-member to any event without explanation.