AmCham Taiwan is looking for a positive and proactive individual to join our dedicated team!
We are currently accepting applications. To apply, please send 1) English statement of interest and 2) English resume to Betty Lu at [email protected].
Job Title: Director of Events & Sponsorships
Responsible for ensuring the success of AmCham Taiwan’s physical and virtual events, to include initiation and execution of events and programs, (such as NextGen in the area of training), as well as to support associated sponsor relations and marketing campaigns. Success will be measured in terms of member satisfaction, financial results and support delivered to Chamber mission and objectives. Reports to the President of AmCham Taiwan and oversees two permanent staff, and additional contractors and interns.
- Work with President, other staff colleagues, and Committee co-chairs to set annual business plan and to track progress over the course of the year. Initiate novel event plans aimed at serving existing members and attracting additional ones.
- Work with Finance Department on annual budget planning for Events Department and to optimize resource input and financial results for all events.
- Devise themes, sponsorship and marketing plans and collaborate with all stakeholders for Signature Events such as Hsieh Nien Fan, American Ball, Annual General Meeting, and various industry forums.
- Supervise on-site event execution, especially for events over 50 attendees, high-level government visits, CEO Roundtables and other high-profile events.
- Oversee and help execute the NextGen year-long educational program.
- Lead, coach and support Events team members, including interns and contractors.
- Supervise design and message content of all marketing collateral for events and execute all marketing/branding initiatives.
- Represent the Chamber to attend events of member companies, trade offices and other.
- To provide a fora for promotion, networking, advocacy and information access for AmCham Taiwan members — and future AmCham members.
- To create stimulating and entertaining events for our members, partners and guests.
- To help generate the revenues needed for proactive Chamber programming across the range of service activities.
- To promote the Chamber’s core values in the community.
- Possess four or more years’ experience in event design and execution and/or sales and marketing or public affairs functions, with knowledge of general business practices (contracting, procurement) in Taiwan.
- Established networks and capacity to expand those rapidly on the job.
- Excellent communication skills in Mandarin and English, both verbal and written.
- Superior interpersonal skills, the ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate well laterally across functions/departments and to supervise subordinates or monitor contractors and interns.
- Degree or certifications in business, marketing, communications or hospitality/MICE trades. At least 5 years of professional work experience.
- Experience studying or working in/with the United States.
Beneﬁt Package Oﬀered:
- Insurance Premiums (for employee only are paid under national insurance scheme.
- Year of Service / Annual Leave Days
- 0-2 / 10
- 3-5 / 14
- 6-10 / 19
- 11-15 / 25
- Holidays Observed: All Taiwan national holidays as set by the Executive Yuan, plus three additional U.S. holidays, each of a single day: Independence Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
- Participation in Labor Pension Fund.
- Annual Salary: NT$1.05 million – NT$1.5 million (with a three-month probation period to correspond with the “Acting” title).
- The position requires proximity for regular commuting to our central Taipei location and occasional on-site presence beyond standard work hours to execute events held early or late in the workday. AmCham staff is now working roughly 30-50% from home, on rotation, due to pandemic distancing concerns within the office. Our attendance policies will remain under regular review with evolving conditions. Hiring and start date for this position will take ideally take place in the final weeks of 2021.