The American Chamber of Commerce in Taipei changed its name to the American Chamber of Commerce in Taiwan in January 2021. This change coincided with its 70th anniversary celebration and AmCham has revised its existing logo (as set out above) to honor this milestone for 2021 only. The original logo dates back to the 1990s and it is time for a new look.
The Board of Governors and AmCham staff would like to invite amateur or professional designers to help AmCham Taiwan design a new logo. The new logo will reflect the Chamber’s new identity and be used effective January 2022. The competition and prize details for the winning design are set out below. We look forward to your proposals!
- Logo designs must be submitted by email to [email protected].
- Logo format: Must be submitted in JPG, PNG, or AI file format.
- Logo resolution: 300 dpi or a minimum resolution of 1280 x 960.
- File style and size: Cannot exceed 10 MB.
- Color and B/W versions should be included.
- No more than two designs per entrant and submission.
- The email must include the name, address, email, and phone number of the entrant.
- The name “AmCham Taiwan” may, at the discretion of the designer, be incorporated into the logo design.
- The e-mail should include a text file with a brief explanation of the logo (shape, colors specifications, letters type) and explanation of the design, not to exceed 100 words.
- Competition proposal submission deadline: July 4, 2021
- The winning design will be chosen no later than October 15, 2021.
- The winner will be announced at the Chamber’s 70th Anniversary event. (Please note: Due to COVID-19 Level 3 restrictions, this event may be postponed to a later date, which may result in the delay of our announcement.)
Criteria for Judging:
Logo design submissions will be evaluated by AmCham Board members and staff according to the following criteria:
|Overall image / Concept||40%|
|Originality / Creativity||30%|
Please note: AmCham will conduct a trademark search of the winning design. The artist will be held accountable for any issues that may arise regarding the originality and authenticity of the design.
The winner will receive the following:
- 1 bottle of John Walker & Son XR21 Whisky
- 2 tickets to the 2021 AmCham American Ball
- 1 ticket to AmCham’s 70th Anniversary reception and recognition as the competition winner at the event
*Important notice: In accordance with the Central Epidemic Command Center’s COVID-19 Level 3 guidelines, AmCham is taking precautionary measures to help contain the spread of the virus. Prizes or terms are subject to change without notice or liability.
- All entries will become the sole property of AmCham Taiwan and may be displayed publicly on the AmCham Taiwan website.
- All logos received will become the property of AmCham Taiwan, which retains the right to make amendments to any part(s) of the logo.
- The logo design must be the entrant’s original creation and must not have been previously published or trademarked. The logo design must not infringe on the creative work of others or their trademark rights.