C.W. Chin of Applied Materials elected as AmCham Taipei’s Chair for 2020
TAIPEI, Taiwan – C.W. Chin, Managing Director for Corporate Strategy and Public Affairs at Applied Materials, has been elected as the 2020 Chair of the American Chamber of Commerce in Taipei, the organization announced Wednesday.
Chin was AmCham Taipei’s Standing Vice Chair in 2019 and was Treasurer in 2018. He has served as a Co-chair of the Energy Committee and has participated in the organization’s annual CEO Mission to Washington.
“I am honored to lead AmCham Taipei as it strives to fulfill its mission of working to create a better business environment in Taiwan – one that is more open, innovative and prosperous,” Chin said. “The organization will also continue to serve as a vital commercial bridge between the U.S. and Taiwan.”
Chin nominated – and the 11-member Board of Governors approved – the following Standing Officers for the coming year:
- Standing Vice Chair – Fupei Wang, Managing Director of Ogilvy Taiwan.
- Vice Chair – Tim Shields, General Manager and CEO of Cigna Taiwan Life Assurance Company.
- Secretary – Seraphim Ma, Executive Partner at Baker & McKenzie.
- Treasurer – Al Chang, Partner at Deloitte & Touche.
The Board of Governors also includes:
- Albert Chang, Managing Partner at McKinsey & Company, Taiwan Office.
- Paulus Mok, Citi Country Officer and Chairman, Citibank Taiwan.
- Jan-Hendrik Meidinger, General Manager, Grand Hyatt Taipei.
- Mark Chen, General Manager at Abbott Laboratories Corp., Taiwan Branch.
- Gina Tsai, Head of Public Policy, Hong Kong and Taiwan, at Airbnb.
- Angela Yu, Corporate Affairs Manager at Microsoft Taiwan Corp.
The Supervisors are:
- Mark Horng, Country Medical Director at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Taiwan) Ltd.
- Stephen Tan, Managing Director at International Policy Advisory Group.
- Terry Tsao, Global Chief Marketing Officer and President of Taiwan, SEMI.
Founded 69 years ago, AmCham Taipei is an independent, nonprofit and nonpartisan business organization with nearly 1,000 members from more than 500 companies.
For more information, please contact:
Director of Government & Public Affairs
(02) 2718-8226 Ext. 314
Manager of Government & Public Affairs
(02) 2718-8226 Ext. 213