AmCham Taipei’s Human Resources Committee conducted a Chinese-language panel discussion on “The Enforcement of Labor Inspection” at The Howard Plaza Hotel Taipei on August 3. Aimed at enhancing understanding of amendments to the Labor Standards Act and the enforcement of labor inspections, the program featured inspection office chiefs from the Taipei City, New Taipei City, and Taoyuan City government who addressed their offices’ practices in four key areas: 1) the responsibility of labor inspectors, 2) the inspection process, 3) overtime reporting policy, and 4) attendance recordkeeping.
- Seraphim Ma, AmCham Governor & HR Committee Co-Chair; Senior Partner, Baker & McKenzie
- Vickie Chen, AmCham HR Committee Co-Chair; Head of Human Resources, Standard Chartered Bank (Taiwan) Ltd.
- Chiang Ming-chih, Director, Labor Inspection Office, Taipei City / 臺北市勞動檢查處 江處長明志
- Hu Hua-tai, Director, Labor Standards Inspection Office, New Taipei City / 新北市政府勞動檢查處 胡處長華泰
- Chou Hsien-Ping, Director, Office of Labor Inspection, Taoyuan City /桃園市政府勞動檢查處 周處長賢平
AmCham Taipei’s Human Resources Committee has raised a number of issues to the Ministry of Labor (the labor authority) that have emerged as a result of amendments to the Labor Standards Law (LSL) passed in December 2016. The Committee presented five issues in the 2017 Taiwan White Paper as key areas of concern for its members, who hope to see greater flexibility and predictability in employment laws in Taiwan.
To read the full Human Resources position paper, click here.
Interested in attending our events? Join us at other upcoming events, click here.
Note: AmCham events are intended primarily for AmCham members and their guests. Many events are open to members’ guests and other non-members, but the attendance of any non-member must be approved in advance. AmCham reserves the right not to admit a non-member to any event without explanation.