AmCham Wine Tasting Night

AmCham Taipei held its Wine Tasting Night on Thursday, April 6 at AmCham Lincoln Room. Members and guests gathered to learn about the world of wine and discover different wine flavors. We invited Mr. Benjamin Vigier to share his unique experiences and fascinating stories about the winery. In addition to samplings of wines from Italy, France, and Spain, we also served delicious appetizers, cheese and crackers to accompany the tasting.

Thanks to our sponsor, Taifung Trading, for providing wine samplings and making this event possible. Wine samplings served at the event:

  • Gancia Brut NV
    The Gancia Company was founded in 1850 in Canelli, Piemonte (Italy), by Carlo Gancia. In 1865, Carlo Gancia produced the very first Italian Sparkling Wine. Gancia Brut is a dry Italian wine with fruit flavor which always creates a festive mood!
  • Chateau de Valcombe Tradition White 2015
    Vineyard soils are made of Rhone pebbles on 3% to 5% slopes, with a South exposure, overlooking the Camargue ponds. A very thin limestone layer brings up a surprising freshness and a mineral touch to the wine; this is an absolutely unique case within the Costières de Nîmes wine region.
  • Tinto Figuero Crianza F12 2012
    20% of the Tempranillo grapes used in this wine come from vines older than 50 years, with the remaining 80% coming from vines between 20-40 years old. After being hand-harvested and undergoing cluster selection in the vineyards, the grapes are destemmed and go through gravity-controlled tanks, with 5-6 days of cold-skin maceration prior to fermentation. An additional 2 months of maturation follow, with malolactic fermentation taking place. The wine is aged for twelve months in 2-plus year-old barrels (80-percent American and 20-percent French oak). It is then aged an additional 2 years in bottle before leaving the cellar.

Interested in attending our events? Join us at other upcoming events, click here.

Note: AmCham events are intended primarily for AmCham members and their guests. Many events are open to members’ guests and other non-members, but the attendance of any non-member must be approved in advance. AmCham reserves the right not to admit a non-member to any event without explanation.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.