More than 15 years has passed since the Company Act was last amended in 2001. Comprehensive amendments are widely viewed as long overdue given the many challenges arising from the transformation of industries, the emergence of micro e-commerce businesses, the aging population, the increasing importance of stakeholders, and environmental sustainability.
On March 29th, we invited members and guests to join an important workshop, “Time to Revamp the Company Act” led by the “Steering Committee of Company Act Reform” (the Steering Committee). The effort was aimed at discussing proposed amendments and recommendations to Taiwan’s Company Act. At the workshop, participants were able to ask questions and network with people facing similar challenges and issues.
* This event was conducted in Chinese.
Topics covered at the workshop:
- Explanations on why changes to the Company Act are so urgently needed
- The foreign laws that have been considered and approaches undertaken by the committee during their study
- The major proposed revise to the Company Act
- The government and the general public reaction to the proposed changes
- Any feedback from AmCham members?
Interested in attending our events? Join us at other upcoming events, click here.
Note: AmCham events are intended primarily for AmCham members and their guests. Many events are open to members’ guests and other non-members, but the attendance of any non-member must be approved in advance. AmCham reserves the right not to admit a non-member to any event without explanation.