On Tuesday, November 22, AmCham Taipei held its 2016 Annual General Meeting, where members and guests gathered to vote for the next year’s Board of Governors, as well as changes to the Chamber’s Articles of Association.
Year in Review
Following President Andrea Wu’s opening remarks, Chairman Dan Silver delivered a presentation summarizing the Chamber’s collective achievements, milestones and activities from the past year. View the full presentation below.
This year, we were honored to have Mr. Robin Ren, Vice President and Head of Asia Pacific at Tesla Motors, as our keynote speaker. Ren passionately explained Tesla’s vision for a sustainable future to guests in attendance, highlighting the achievements of Elon Musk’s automotive enterprise and calling for a collective effort to create a cleaner and greener world through technological advancement.
We give our sincere thanks to all of our voting members who attended and offered their support. With your help, we reached a quorum, and held a successful election.
The board structure page on our site will be updated in January to reflect the status of incoming and outgoing board members. A brief summary of results follows – you may download the complete announcement by clicking here.
2017-2018 Governors (Name, Company)
- Sammy Carolus, Grand Hyatt Taipei
- Albert Chang, McKinsey & Company, Inc.
- Margaret Driscoll, Eli Lilly and Company (Taiwan), Inc.
- Tim Ju, Ford Lio Ho Motor Co., Ltd.
- Seraphim Ma, Baker & McKenzie
- Rodney Morgan, Micron Tech Asia Pacific Taiwan
- Vincent Shih, Microsoft Taiwan Corp.
2017 Supervisors (Name, Company)
- Anita Chen, Independent Marketing & Research Limited
- Nick Chen, DHL Express (Taiwan) Corp.
- Bimal Kapoor, National Basketball Association
- Carl Lin, Procter & Gamble Taiwan Ltd.
- Raghavendra Shenoy, Johnson & Johnson Medical Taiwan Ltd.